What is the capital of the United States?
- Washington, D.C.
120. Where is the Statue of Liberty?
- New York (Harbor)
- Liberty Island [Also acceptable are New Jersey, near New York City, and on the Hudson (River)
121. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?*
- (Because there were) 13 original colonies
- (Because the stripes) represent the original colonies
122. Why does the flag have 50 stars?
- (Because there is) one star for each state
- (Because) each star represents a state
- (Because there are) 50 states
123. What is the name of the national anthem?
- The Star-Spangled Banner
124. The Nation’s first motto was “E Pluribus Unum.” What does that mean?
- Out of many, one
- We all become one
125. What is Independence Day?
- A holiday to celebrate U.S. independence (from Britain)
- The country’s birthday
126. Name three national U.S. holidays.*
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents Day (Washington’s Birthday)
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
127. What is Memorial Day?
- A holiday to honor soldiers who died in military service
128. What is Veterans Day?
- A holiday to honor people in the (U.S.) military
- A holiday to honor people who have served (in the U.S. military)
For Pratice Test
For more practice viste
Try our free US Citizenship Practice Test . Our website is designed to help you prepare for your Citizenship Test